Sunday 14 October 2012

VERY POOR EFFORT.....

Well, what can I say.....no excuses really, I just haven't got around to sitting at the computer and writing, so many other things to do instead!

So what has been happening.....

KNITTING

Highlight of the year on Friday... the knitting Show at Ali Pali, north London. It is like walking into heaven when you arrive.... A HUGE hall full of stalls with wool, patterns , needles etc, Also sewing and fabrics and lots of crafty things too. It took all of 5 mins of arriving before I made my 1st purchase and then plenty more to follow.... A delight, now I just have to knit it all. There are just not enough hours in a day, I have always thought a 26hr day would be better......??? One of the patterns I got was for a boot topper, looks quick and easy, I think they will make good pressies! I am planning on a little Christmas sale when I can sell some of my handiwork so I will have to get busy with those clacky needles.....


PIANO

A few days ago after much swearing and practise I finally managed to crack a funny little rhythm on the piano, Its a little toon from Amelie and I am SOOOO thrillled to be able to play it. I am still loving my piano lessons and really feel that I am making some progress now. i am still fairly rubbish but it is getting better. I can play an Einaudi piece quite well which I feel is quite an achievement for me. If I can put the practise time in it really shows...


MIDDLE AGE SPREAD

Its been quite hard to get to the gym 4 times a week so after 2 or 3 wks of that it has dropped back to once or twice. I have , however, started a new diet when you pretty much "fast" for 2 days a week, just eating 600 cals for 2 days. Its not as bad as it seems as you always know that tomorrow you can eat that biscuit or whatever, when I stood on the scales this morning I had lost a couple of pounds , so I was pretty pleased. I think I probably eat more than 600 cals but its not much. I don't feel as hungry as I thought I would.

BOOKS

Have just finished a great book.... The Snow Child, almost a fairy tale. I shed a tear this morning, something I haven't done for a while when reading. Just before I have read the Song of Achilles, which I didn't like so much. And the one before that was GREAT.. the Memory Thief . Now I'am lost, i haven't got a new one lined up, will have to hunt through the book shelves.



Will try harder this week to write more regularly......

2 comments:

  1. Boot toppers sound good! Bet you had fun at the knit show! Would love to come next time. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah Debbie... lets do it next year, its always about the same time of year..... 10th or so Oct

      Delete